Northeast Farmers Market will have its opening market on Thursday, May 18th, from 4:00pm to 7:00pm, at 3001 Independence Ave, Kansas City, MO 64124.
This is our 3rd season and we hope you can join us for the first market of the year! We have many of your favorite vendors from last season and added a few new ones:
– Fresh from the Field Farm (vegetables, ORANGE WATERMELON, eggs)
– M&M Gardens (vegetables, eggs)
– The Tamale Kitchen (beef and chicken tamales)
– Pink Pony Farm (native berry jellies and jam)
– The Urban Farming Guyes (vegetables, eggs)
– Valentine Beef (BEEF!)
– Blue Mills Farm (vegetables)
– Bee Haven Farm (honey and other bee products)
– Adams ORAC Farm (vegetables, transplants, eggs, goat milk)
– Greenwood Garden Organics (USDA certified organic vegetables, honey)
We will also have other info booths, including:
– Kansas City Community Gardens
– El Centro
– The Mattie Rhodes Center
– Legal Aid of Western Missouri
– Bike Walk KC
– Lincoln University Cooperative Extension
As always, NE Farmers Market will participate in the Double Up Food Bucks KC program in 2017. This allows customers who receive SNAP benefits to double their SNAP/EBT dollars to purchase more fruits and vegetables (up to $25/week).
**For the opening market, customers who ride their bike to the market will get $5 free to spend at the market**
For parents, we will have a kids activity tent to entertain children while you shop!
We hope you can join us!