Northeast Farmers’ Market is seeking a part-time Market Manager to oversee the week-to-week operations of the market.
- Setting up and tearing down market tables and tents
- Staffing information table, redeeming SNAP vouchers, conducting Debit card transactions
- Communicating weekly with vendors and market developer about trends and any issues
- Working with market developer to publicize the market
- Enforcing market guidelines
- Keep track of market data (e.g. number of customers each week, vendor sales, weather conditions, customer surveys, SNAP data, etc.)
- Directing volunteers
- Putting out and collecting signage before and after market
- Collecting vendor fees
Thursdays, 3:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m., and 3 additional hours each week (flexible), from May 25 to October 9.
3001 Independence Ave, Kansas City, MO 64124
$15/hour, 8 hours per week for 20 weeks ($2400 total for the whole season)
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working with diverse group of vendors and customers
- Commitment to local food and expanding healthy food access in Northeast KCMO
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong organizational and record-keeping skills
- Fluency in English and Spanish preferred
Please send resume and cover letter to NortheastFarmersMarket@gmail.com by May 10, 2015.