Northeast Farmers Market will have its opening market on Thursday, May 18th, from 4:00pm to 7:00pm, at 3001 Independence Ave, Kansas City, MO 64124.
This is our 3rd season and we hope you can join us for the first market of the year! We have many of your favorite vendors from last season and added a few new ones:
– Fresh from the Field Farm (vegetables, ORANGE WATERMELON, eggs)
– M&M Gardens (vegetables, eggs)
– The Tamale Kitchen (beef and chicken tamales)
– Pink Pony Farm (native berry jellies and jam)
– The Urban Farming Guyes (vegetables, eggs)
– Valentine Beef (BEEF!)
– Blue Mills Farm (vegetables)
– Bee Haven Farm (honey and other bee products)
– Adams ORAC Farm (vegetables, transplants, eggs, goat milk)
– Greenwood Garden Organics (USDA certified organic vegetables, honey)
We will also have other info booths, including:
– Kansas City Community Gardens
– El Centro
– The Mattie Rhodes Center
– Legal Aid of Western Missouri
– Bike Walk KC
– Lincoln University Cooperative Extension
As always, NE Farmers Market will participate in the Double Up Food Bucks KC program in 2017. This allows customers who receive SNAP benefits to double their SNAP/EBT dollars to purchase more fruits and vegetables (up to $25/week).
**For the opening market, customers who ride their bike to the market will get $5 free to spend at the market**
For parents, we will have a kids activity tent to entertain children while you shop!
We hope you can join us!
Northeast Farmers Market will have a vendor meeting on Tuesday, February 28th, at 5:00pm at the North-East Branch Library (6000 Wilson Rd, Kansas City, MO 64123).
This will be an informational session about the 2017 Season of Northeast Farmers Market. Old and potential new vendors are welcome to attend.
We’ll discuss the expectations for selling at the market this year, including vendor fees (they are much less this year!), the token system we use to process debit/credit cards and EBT, and other logistical things.
You can find the 2017 Vendor Application here: https://nefarmersmarket.wordpress.com/vendor-information/
I hope you can make it! If you have any questions, please email Jenna Wilkins, NortheastFarmersMarket@gmail.com
Northeast Farmers Market is accepting applications from vendors for the 2017 season! Click here to find the application.
The market will begin on May 18, 2017 and go until October 5, 2017.
Vendor fees are either $35 for the whole season or $5 per week.
Join us on Thursday, July 28th, for our 2016 Tomato Celebration! It will be at our regular market location and time (3001 Independence Ave, KCMO 64124 from 4:00pm to 7:00pm), but with more vendors and more tomatoes!
The first Northeast Farmers’ Market of 2016 will be happening this Thursday, May 19th! Please join us at our usual location, 3001 Independence Ave, KCMO 64124, from 4:00pm to 7:00pm. We will have vendors selling a variety food and many community organizations at the market.
As always, we Double customers EBT/SNAP benefits up to $25 each week. That means $25 EBT = $50 Food!
- Any customer who shows their 2016 Kansas City Community Gardens membership card will get $5 free market tokens.
- Any customer that rides their bike to the farmers’ market will get $5 free market tokens.
- Adams Osage Ridge Aronia Community Farm (herbs, veggies, transplants, eggs)
- Bee Haven Farms (honey, bee’s wax products)
- Bryan Stalder (Northeast-related t-shirts)
- Eleos Coffee (iced coffee and whole-bean coffee)
- El Paso del Norte (baked breads and sweets)
- Fresh from the Fields Farm (herbs, veggies, eggs, fruit)
- M&M Gardens (veggies, fruit, transplants)
- Pink Pony Farms (veggies, fruit, herbs)
- The Tamale Kitchen (tamales)
- The Urban Farming Guys (veggies, fruit, eggs)
- Girl Scouts
- Kansas City Community Gardens (will be selling seeds, transplants, and signing people up for memberships)
- Lincoln University Cooperative Extension
- Mattie Rhodes Center
- Score 1 for Health
- Music by Rex Hobart
- Juggling performance by Michael Morales
- Kid’s Tent with activities hosted by Northeastminster Presbyterian Church
Here is the updated Northeast Farmers’ Market info for the 2016 Season: